Sunday 17 May 2015

Yes I believe in the miracle of magnesium

Yes yes yes yes , I believe in the miracle of Magnesium ! It's been nearly 3 weeks now since my journey with Magnesium started. I have gone from taking Fostair 2 puffs at night and 1 puff  in the morning plus 10 to 20 puffs of Ventolin daily to ........... Fostair 1 puff morning and night. I changed my diet  to eat more foods with Magnesium content and then added a magnesium supplement morning and night to top me up. I'm using a magnesium glycinate/malate as I read up this gives better absorption. Things were going well and on Friday 15th May I went to a hospital appointment with my mum and I decided not to have my usual milk coffee in the morning and because of all the travelling I didn't do things quite the same had I been at home . I ended up by lunch time with a headache from hell. I never normally even get a headache and this went on for the rest of the day. I thought maybe it was the stress of going on the motorway?hospital? emotional stress?change in routine ? eating? The first 4 I have done more that a few times the past month so that left food  ..........I'd had porridge with pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, honey. I hadn't had coffee , so I thought it was caffeine. That didn't work. The next morning the headache had gone and I had a milk coffee with molasses in as I'd been doing...  Was the reason for my headache the fact my magnesium/calcium was out of balance ? I'm not sure but that was the only thing I had done differently on that day. 
Yesterday I read an interesting article on the absorption of magnesium and if you aren't getting quite enough the body knows it wants more and will show signs of magnesium deficiency again to get you increase it. The body is amazing and I guess this is confusing if you've increased your magnesium and you think its not working when this happens. 
You have to keep an open mind and keep searching and reading as it really is worth it in the end ! 
One thing I have found is .... my husband knows what I am doing and he knows the benefits I'm getting but isn't interested in trying it . He doesn't take daily asthma medication though so I guess he doesn't feel the wheezing in the morning and coughing up crap is worth sorting out. Oh well, you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink !!! 
My mum would be more interested if she wasn't going through having lung cancer . We went to see the surgeon and the operation is set for Thursday 21st May . It's a stage 3 and has spread to one of the glands. She has to have a few months chemo afterwards but she can't have radiation as it's in the same area as the breast cancer she had and you can only have radiation once in the same area ! The internet is great for finding out information but finding out online that the percentage for survival is very low for a stage 3 lung cancer isn't what I want to read ! I have to remain as positive as I can and I don't want to lose my mum yet so I have to believe she'll survive and I need to be strong for her as she's very down and depressed at the moment. I decided as it's an hour drive to the hospital we'll go down and stay close by so she knows im only 5 mins away. We can't take lucy into hospital but my husband will be there to look after her and I thought we'll all be together which will also reduce the stress. My husband was already due this week off and we were going away for a few days anyway , so this will be somewhere different to explore and keep our mind occupied during Thursday while the operation takes place. 
So all in all it's a stressful time and I think I will increase my magnesium a bit more from monday in preparation for what will be one of my greatest emotional stresses ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment