Sunday 31 May 2015

Week 4-5 of increasing magnesium

It's been 4 weeks since I starting increasing magnesium . I eat more in my diet and also take a Magnesium glycinate/malate. Within this time I have decreased my daily Ventolin from 10/20 puffs to Nil and only take my longer acting fostair morning and night but I feel I don't need as much .
I didn't think my diet was that bad before and I didn't eat loads of junk food . I did stay away from nuts as when i'd had peanuts a few times I felt my asthma got a bit worse. Now I eat peanuts and almonds and I'm fine. I do eat alot of pumpkin seeds and the more I eat them the more I enjoy them.
I've also decided to reduce my wheat intake as I read up alot on asthma and diet. I feel my asthma is even better by doing this !
The change around in myself has been dramatic and I have alot more energy now. Running around after a 3 year old who also wakes me at least once in the night seems so much easier now !!!
I spoke about my husband who wasn't interested in what I was doing but a few weeks on and one day he came home and said ' when are you starting me on Magnesium then ??? . I was pretty gobsmacked and said ' are you joking' ? he said Noooooo . So i ordered him some Magnesium malate powder which he started yesterday afternoon ( 30th May 2015) He didn't wheeze on waking up this morning which he normally does . I think from watching me over the past 5 weeks nearly hes been watching silently and then realised he also could benefit.
I really hope this gets out to people out there who're suffering as it did and would be so good to feel I could give people insight to study on how to make their lives easier and not suffer with asthma as I have over the years . The thought of getting a chest infection and the winter coming really worried me as I hate not being able to breathe properly (who wouldn't hey!)
I will add some links to some good websites I have collected and learnt from over the next week , so if theres anyone out there who maybe reads this one day they can also benefit like I have.
My mum had her lung operation on 21st May and it all went well, shes now at home recovering, eating well and having her magnesium supplement which I really think has made all the difference with her healing and getting over the operation.


to be updated.......... as I really need some reading time , its been mad lately with looking after my mum and keeping a husband and 3 year old. At least now I have the energy to do it all !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment